There’s still time to book a last-minute autumnal escape to Bethany Beach, Delaware, one of the East Coast’s most secretive havens. With nearly 120 years of absorbing history, Addy Sea remains a beacon of light for citizens of Philadelphia, Baltimore, D.C., and beyond. This historic oceanfront inn rests along the Atlantic Ocean’s powdery shores, where true serenity, heartwarming natural beauty, and aquatic adventure meld.
Perfect Weather and Fewer Crowds
As summer subtly shifts to fall, the Bethany Beach area sees much less foot traffic. However, couples hoping to recharge their batteries far away from the city’s hustle can still enjoy idyllic temperatures, refreshing sea breezes, pristine sand, and all the amenities that go hand in hand with our charming, nautical town. Fewer tourists equal added availability at restaurants, breathing room by the sea, and crowd-less attractions. Imagine a mid-day Bethany Beach Boardwalk stroll with your favorite guy or gal, entirely void of crowds, where the only sounds derive from the ocean and soaring birdlife. And it’s no secret that accommodation and flight rates dip during the “offseason.”
10 Classic Mid-day Pursuits
There are dozens of ways to enhance your getaway to Bethany Beach, including paddleboarding, parasailing, and shopping. To ensure that your upcoming visit is nothing short of flawless, we’ve compiled 10 unique mid-day activities. Addy Sea is located in the heart of all the action, including aquatic-based excursions to downtown shopping and nearby bicycling trails. Because the area is mostly void of crowds in the fall, each pursuit will be readily available within minutes of your arrival.
- Stroll along the Bethany Beach Boardwalk
- Indulge in the finest seafood Delaware has to offer at Off the Hook, Mickey’s Family Crabhouse, Matt’s Fish Camp, and Bluecoast Seafood Grill
- Spend a full day at the beach
- Paddle through Indian River Bay on an EcoBay Kayaking Adventure
- Play 18 holes at The Salt Pond Golf Club
- Hike (or cycle) on the Prickly Pear Trail Loop—keep your eyes peeled for wildlife!
- Go crabbin’ a few ticks north in Rehoboth Beach
- Shop ‘til you drop in the heart of Bethany Beach
- Sip on a local craft beer at Fins Ale House
- Rent a bicycle from Bethany Bike Shop and explore this well-paved coastal town
Oceanfront Hotels in Bethany Beach, DE
Historic, oceanside Addy Sea is home to 13 distinctive, well-appointed rooms, all of which feature Victorian charm, unique decor, and a bevy of complimentary amenities. Each stay includes a gourmet breakfast and afternoon tea. Guests also have exclusive access to private beach acreage, as well as chairs and towels. This adult-only respite offers a romantic, compelling look into the past that all couples will assuredly appreciate. Despite being consistently labeled one of the “best places to stay in Bethany Beach,” we still have limited availability this fall. So, please reach out at your earliest convenience to get matched with a guest room that suits your style! You can call us directly at 302-539-3707 or check availability online.